The program works to improve the efficiency of bachelor degree holders in various disciplines, especially in practice and research field, so that they can engage deeply in public relations or related aspects, and enhance their research and scientific reputability.
Thus, the program achieves the following:
- Contributes to enrich academic and scientific research, improve university education, conduct more specialized researches in public relations through deepening thought and ability to do scientific research.
- Meet the desires of a large number of bachelor graduates in various disciplines, to continue their studies and develop their academic and practical abilities.
- Enhance students ability to master the skills of communication, work in public relations, and conduct specialized PR scientific research.
- Activate scientific researches mainly in public relations, media and communication-related field, dealing with crises, and improving the mental image in general through student researches and while they study the courses and write their scientific thesis.
- In the medium and long-term, the program will help reduce dependence on external scientific expertise as much as possible, especially in its field of specialization, and will help in other matters related to media, communication sciences, etc.
- People who wish to change their careers and switch to public relations.
- PR Officers.
- PR departments managers.
- Those who specialize in dealing with other institutions representatives.
- Employees in Public Relations departments.
- Marketing agents and advertising agents.
Careers of graduates:
The program importance lies in the fact that the public relations specialization is recent and Palestinian institutions needs PR employees since the labor market suffers, somewhat, from the surplus in media specialists (journalism, radio, television, etc.). Also, there is a shortage of specialists in the West Bank.
Therefore, the program comes to fulfill the local market needs, making a new addition, as all institutions need this specialization to achieve the satisfaction of their organization and strengthen its relationship with the community.
Moreover, the “Contemporary Public Relations” MA program graduates can work in several institutions and areas, most notably:
- Work in institutions with a mass-communication activity such as ministries, media institutions, public relations companies, governmental and non-governmental associations, political parties, unions, and security services.
- Work for public relations departments in the private sector organizations: hotels, Telecommunication Company, Jawwal Company, banks, investing organizations, etc.
- Work as a marketing and advertising agent, especially for investment, financial and profitable institutions, small and large businesses, and promote factory products .
- Work in tourism and travel offices and agencies.
- Work as manager or employee in the Public Relations Departments in the political and moral guidance units and international and local organizations
- Contemporary Public Relations Master creates the opportunity for media and public relations departments in ministries, commissions, and big corporates to enhance their potentials, methods, and understanding in handling crises in a more profound and professional manner.
- Provides the opportunity for those wishing to fill leadership positions in public relations or for those who work in PR and wish to develop their professional level. The program’s strategic objective is to support those who want to join the professional world by practicing public relations.
- Also it offers the graduates the chance to compete for a prominent position in public relations.
- Provides the graduates the opportunity to pursue a PhD in Public Relations.