- an ability to identify, formulate, and solve complex engineering problems by applying principles of engineering, science, and mathematics
- an ability to apply engineering design to produce solutions that meet specified needs with consideration of public health, safety, and welfare, as well as global, cultural, social, environmental, and economic factors
- an ability to communicate effectively with a range of audiences
- an ability to recognize ethical and professional responsibilities in engineering situations and make informed judgments, which must consider the impact of engineering solutions in global, economic, environmental, and societal contexts
- an ability to function effectively on a team whose members together provide leadership, create a collaborative and inclusive environment, establish goals, plan tasks, and meet objectives
- an ability to develop and conduct appropriate experimentation, analyze and interpret data, and use engineering judgment to draw conclusions
- an ability to acquire and apply new knowledge as needed, using appropriate learning strategies.
Graduate of this program can contribute in developing IT and computer engineering systems in companies and institutions, students are trained in cooperation with well-known informatics Palestinian and international companies, where they are trained on the latest technologies regarding computers, programing and other systems. The learning outcomes of this program focuses on creating professional engineers in their fields that have the knowledge in applying mathematics, science and engineering. In addition to the ability to conduct experiments and data analysis, design computer system to meet the needs and manufacturing capability, identify and solve engineering problems, communicate effectively, and have the skills and engineering tools that are necessary for engineering practices.
Graduates of this program are skilled with high competitive skills where they can obtain the best jobs and grades in their post graduate studies.
Market Need for CSE Graduates
There is a demanding increase on computer systems engineers, as shown below:
- Palestinian Local Market: The Palestinian local market focuses on specific sectors such as software and database development, network building and management, Internet applications and software, as these sectors are able to produce through limited resources. In general, all municipalities - industrial, commercial, governmental, and even agricultural - are moving towards smart solutions, so as a result there is an increasing demand of this program in the market.
- International Market: The international market is in need of professional engineers and researchers of this program specially in industrial sectors regarding developing control systems for simple devices, vehicles and aircraft, as well as developing smart systems, industrial intelligence, and robots. As for the research field, professions of this program are required in most sciences researches, and space researches also.
Careers of graduates
This programs offers for its graduates the following opportunities:
- Designing and developing computer and cellular software.
- Designing and managing networks and network security.
- Designing and developing database softwares.
- Internet software and applications.
- Industrial institutions for controlling systems.
- Computer Systems Solutions Companies
- Computer Researcher