The Deanship of Admission and Registration has closed receiving applications for admission at the Arab American University for Fall 2018/2019. The following table shows the offered programs and admission criteria:
Admission Requirements / Teaching Location
Applicant must be a holder of Bachelor and a Master degrees from universities or recognized academic institutions by the Palestinian Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research. One of the two degrees must be in a business-related field with a minimum GPA of 3.0 in the Master’s degree or 2.60 in the Bachelor’s degree or their equivalent.
and have an official valid GMAT score with (500) points or higher.
and Succeeding in the personal interview.
Location: University site in Ramallah city.
For further information, Contact the the faculty of graduate studies at 04-2418888 ext. (1471 or 1472) or at 02-2941999 ext. (5) or by e-mail at (PGSaaup.edu) or (FGSaaup.edu) or to contact the Deanship of Admission and Registration by telephone 04-2418888 ext. (3) or Fax 04-2510814 or by e-mail (DARaaup.edu).
- Applications are accepted at the beginning of the first semester every two years where they’re asked to read the application attached instructions.
- The Arab American University accepts students in accordance with the rules and regulations of the Palestinian Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research.
- Holds a bachelor and master degree and the certificate should qualify the student to join the program.
- The ability of choosing a program is also limited to the minimum score requirements in the bachelor and master certificate GPA.
- Students with a bachelor or Master certificate other than a Palestinian, will have their averages computed according to the University Council regulations.
- The average of the students with a Bachelor degree or a non-Palestinian Master degree is calculated according to the university's instructions
- Students can fill the online application through the link (www.aaup.edu/apply)
REQUIRED DOCUMENTS FROM STUDENTS
- Fill out AAUP online Application
- Copy of the High School certificate (in Arabic or English) certified or equivalent by the Palestinian Ministry of Education
- Original copies or certified photocopies (English) of the academic certificates and transcripts issued by all universities and academic institutions the applicant has enrolled or graduated from to join the program and be certified or equivalent by the Palestinian Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research.
- Three original recommendation letters (English) from professors or business officers addressed to the Arab American University and the University of Indiana. The recommendations must:
- Holds the organization logo to which the referee belongs
- Got the referee’s signature
- States the applicant's (at least) triple name according to his/ her academic certificate
- Mentions the name of the program (PhD in Business)
- Original experience certificate (English) if found
- Original copies or certified copy of the GMAT certificate
- Original motivation (English) addressed to the Arab American University and the University of Indiana, written and signed by the applicant to join the program. It is required to be as followed:
- To be between one to three pages
- Include the program's enrollment objectives, academic and practical experience, and the skills of the applicant
- Clarify any inconsistencies, confusion or ambiguity between work and study, if found, in the applicant’s CV
- Writing samples of previous professional and research ones that measure the applicant written and research skills to join the program (English)
- Up-to-date resume (English)
- Original birth certificate or a duly certified copy
- Copy of the ID (local applicants) or a copy of the passport (international applicants)
- Recent personal photo (2 pictures)
Academic System and Student Load
The normal course load for a full-time student during any semester (spring or fall) is considered to range from 6-12 credit hours. Such a load allows students the opportunity to complete the requirements of the master’s degree in four semesters, except for Master of Business Administration (MBA)