The Deanship of Admission and Registration at Arab American University, Al-Quds University, and Palestine Polytechnic University announce the start of receiving applications for admission for the joint Ph.D. in Information Technology Engineering program, the first of its kind in Palestine for the first semester of the academic year 2020/2021, starting from Monday 13/07/2020 until Saturday 01/09/2020.
- Applicant must be a holder of a Master’s degree (or equivalent) of at least a “Very Good” standing and a Bachelor’s degree of at least a “Good” standing in a relevant specialization in IT engineering
- Applicant must hold Bachelor & Master Certificates and Transcript. (certified by the Palestinian Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research).
- Pass the personal interview with the program committee.
- The applicant must hold a valid TOEFL or IELTS grade not lease than 450 score in TOEFL exam or a relevant score in the IELTS exam. Or hold a bachelor's or master's degree from a university in a foreign country whose primary language is English.
Arab American University ( AAUP ) Campus - Ramallah
Al-Quds University Campus - Abu Dies
Palestine Polytechnic University Campus - Hebron
Admission Application Instructions:
- Submission of admission applications will begin on Monday 13/07/2020
- The Admission Card can be obtained through:
- Financial Department at AAUP main campus in Jenin.
- AAUP campus in Ramallah – Abu Qash – Near Al Reehan Neighborhood.
» The Admission Card fee (600nis) non-refundable for the Ph.D. in Information Technology Engineering program.
- Fill out the Admission Application manually, then the submit the application to the deanship of admission and registration at Jenin or at Ramallah campus.
- After successfully submitting the application, the applicant heads to the Deanship of Admissions and Registration at Jenin or Ramallah campus to submit his/ her original documents.
- Each application is reviewed and studied by a specialized committee. This process requires time to study each application separately
- When the application is complete, and all requirements have been achieved the student will receive the final acceptance letter from the Deanship of Admission and Registration.
- The student should pay the seat reservation fee at any of our certified banks then get the seat reservation letter by Email or from the Deanship of Admission and Registration. Which contains the login information required for the educate portal and additional information.
- The student should issue a student card through the office of student affairs in Jenin campus or through the office of admission and registration in Ramallah campus to obtain the university student card, the student must show his seat reservation first.
Required Documents: (Original and legalized copies of the documents below must be submitted in order to secure full admission)
- Filled Admission Application.
- Transcript of high school diploma certified / or its equivalent by the Palestinian Ministry of Education.
- Original or Legalized copies of Academic Certificate and Transcript. ( certified by the Palestinian Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research)
- Two recommendation Letters, Academic or Profession Letters Directed to Arab American University, Al-Quds University, and Palestine Polytechnic University, according to the below terms:
- Company’s official Header & Logo Document.
- Recognized Signature.
- Mention the applicant's (Full Name) according to his / her academic certificate.
- Mention the required program: (Ph.D. in Information Technology Engineering).
- Up-to-date resume.
- A valid TOEFL or IELTS grade not lease than 450 score in TOEFL exam or a relevant score in the IELTS exam. Or hold a bachelor's or master's degree from a university in a foreign country whose primary language is English.
- National Identity Card (local applicants) or passport (international applicants)
- Original birth certificate or a copy duly certified.
- Two Personal photos.
- The student must pass 30 credit hours according to the study plan for this program with a cumulative average (GPA) not lease than 3.00 points. As the student must pass the comprehensive exam and successfully pass his discuss the doctoral dissertation.
- The student must complete his / her studies within a maximum of 6 years (including summer semester).
- The program plan contains 54 credit hours. Where the student will study 30 credit hours in the first two years including the comprehensive exam according to the study plan. In addition to 24 credit hours for the thesis, registration for the thesis will be after passing all course in the study plan successfully.
- The student shall study at least 9 credit hours of course hours in each of the partner universities. In addition to the thesis, which may be jointly supervised
- The PhD Dissertation may not be discussed for any student before publishing or receiving acceptance to publish a scientific research of his or her thesis in a classified magazine from Scopus or Clarivate Analytics, as well as attending an organized and specialized scientific conference.
- The Completion of the all terms and requirements specified in the study plan.
The Academic System and Study Load:
The minimum academic load in the first and second semester of the student's admission in the program is 6 credit hours, the maximum is 12 credit hours and the thesis hours are included within the academic load. The maximum load for the summer semester is 6 credit hours. The student must complete a minimum of two regular semesters while working on his or her thesis.
Application fees is 600 NIS. For further financial information regarding the program you can refer to the Finance Department and the Deanship of Admission and Registration.
- The deadline to apply for admission, is Saturday, 01/09/2019.
- Submitting the application form does not -necessarily- guarantee admission.
- Please keep Admission Card until you get the final acceptance.
- Classes begin on Saturday 03/10/2020.
- Limited seats are available.
For more information, please contact the Deanship of Admission and Registration as follows:
Arab American University ( AAUP ):
To contact the Faculty of Graduate Studies telephone no.: 04-2418888 extension: (1471 or 1472) or telephone no.: 02-2941999 extension: (5), or email: (PGSaaup.edu)
Or inquiry from the Deanship of Admissions and Registration contact 04- 2418888 (3) or fax 04-2510814 or email (DARaaup.edu).
|AAUP Application Form - PhD in Information Technology Engineering||913.95 KB|