Networking and Technical Support Office is one of most important and pivotal administrative department in AAU, since it is considered the backbone of the university information technology infrastructure.
Our vision is to adopt all the cutting edge and state of the art in telecom and information infrastructures. In order to enforce AAU to be a leader not only nationally but also internationally in its pioneer and attractive services.
Our mission is to provide, coordinate, and facilitate the use of technology and information resources to the satisfaction of AAU and its stakeholders.
The Networking & Tech. Support Office conducts its duties to achieve the following:
- Maintaining and optimizing the University’s Networking and telecom infrastructure
- Maintaining and optimizing the university private cloud system
- Maintaining and optimizing systems (OSs, email,etc.)
- Marinating and securing employees PCs , Apps, ..etc
- Resolving service interruptions rapidly for employees and students
- Baking up and securing all the systems
Phone #: 04-2418888 | Ext.: 1666
Helpdesk and Technical Support Unit
Installing and preparing operating systems for both servers and employees PCs.
Installing and maintaining applications and different systems.
Monitoring and reconnecting any networking (wired or wireless) problems for WAN and LAN.
Backing up employees shared folders.
Maintaining and Connecting peripherals.
Providing technical specifications for any new required systems.
Maintaining and securing all internet connectivity for online services, employees, and students.