- Provide students with knowledge of emerging technologies and business models in the global digital economy.
- Develop the students’ understanding of the role of innovation in the digital economy and knowledge of best practices in managing new technologies.
- Provide students with the analytical skills to understand the differences between organizations, business models and consumers in the traditional and digital economies.
- Enable students to analyze complex business problems in the digital economy and propose solutions.
- Strengthen the students’ understanding of the impact of digital analytics on organizational strategy and success.
- Enable students to assess opportunities to increase revenues and improve organizational performance through digital transformation.
- Improve the students’ ability to comprehend the legal and ethical obligations and responsibilities of managers in the digital economy.
STUDENT LEARNING OUTCOME
- Demonstrate proficiency in the fundamental business and technological principles and practices of the digital economy.
- Use critical thinking skills to address emerging business challenges in the digital economy and make effective decisions.
- Analyze new developments in digital banking, online gaming, the Metaverse and other digital technologies and propose strategies to manage innovation.
- Employ digital analytics to analyze trends in the digital economy and formulate strategies to develop and maintain a competitive advantage in the digital economy.
- Formulate policies and practices that help promote an organization’s digital transformation.
- Develop the ability to behave in an ethical and socially responsible manner that is in the best interest of the organization and its customers.
- Examine the legal and regulatory environment of the digital economy and assume a leadership role in the future of the digital economy that demonstrates an understanding of its technological and societal impact.