Sunday, June 6, 2021
Arab American University would like to clarify the following:
- The final exams for the Spring Semester 2020/2021 will be as announced previously and according to what was agreed upon with the Student council before the beginning of the semester, and will be as the following:
- The final exams for courses that were taught face-to-face inside the campus will be paper-based exams inside the campus as well.
- The final exams for the online courses that were taught online, will be online from inside the campus - in the computer labs in the campus, and there will be makeup exams opportunities for absent students and for students who wish to improve their grades.
- For the General Culture courses and the Language Center courses, exams will be online from home through Moodle.
- The aforementioned procedures are basically what our administration agreed on with the student council at the beginning of the semester, but unfortunately the council did not commit to what was agreed on.
- At the beginning of the Spring Semester and before the ending of the add/drop period, Arab American University announced for all students that all courses that will be taught face-to-face, their exams will be face-to-face and inside the campus, and the online courses, their exams will be online from the computer labs inside the campus that were specially designed for this purpose.
- Any party that will not be committed to what was announced and stated by the University administration will be facing an academic crime and will be a risk on students themselves, on their academic levels and on the credibility of their certificates.
- Arab American University is trying to limit the dependency of students on the outside offices that provide services for students by doing their exams for them, which in turn will affect the student’s academic level negatively.
- Starting from Monday 7 June 2021, classes will resume as usual for both online and face-to-face courses according to your schedules, and the midterm exams (online and face-to-face) will be as determined previously. All students must be responsible for their attendances and exams.
- The final exams schedule for the Spring semester 2020/2021 will be announced and uploaded soon.
- Kindly be committed to the aforementioned points to prevent any extension to the current semester or cancellation to the summer semester. Anyone who tries to confuse others or make problems will take responsibility according to AAUP regulations.