Digital Competition 2018
The Ja-Pal’s DigiBiz Solution is an initiative launched by the Palestinian Information Technology Association of Companies (PITA) and Palestine Information & Communication Technology Incubator (PICTI) in partnership with the United Nations Development Programme/Programme of Assistance to the Palestinian People (UNDP/PAPP) and funded by the Government of Japan. This competition aims to identify creative change makers from East Jerusalem, West Bank and Gaza Strip. Those talented entrepreneurs who have innovative business ideas that make a difference in people’s lives across any type of socio-economic issues are invited to submit their digital & smart tech ideas.
- Develop and promote potential Palestinian business ideas that will have an information, communications, or technological (ICT) focus.
- Promote the spirit of competition and reduce the gender gap among Palestinian entrepreneurs.
This is an open invitation to all Palestinian community innovators, especially young females from the Gaza Strip and the West Bank, including East Jerusalem who have an idea with an ICT-business focused solution. Those living in vulnerable areas including Area C and refugee camps are encouraged to participate. This challenge will culminate with a jury selection at the Jericho Agro Industrial Park (JAIP) and presentation of the top five ideas during Expotech week activities.
All categories that address the Sustainable Development Goals (SDG’s) and have an information, communications, or technological (ICT) focus are welcome.
- Problem trying to address.
- Clear explanation of the idea.
- Visionary solution for the idea.
- Level of innovation.
- Professionalism of the idea’s concept.
- Impact of the solution.
- Financial sustainability.
- Potential employment generator especially for young females.
- Impact of the idea on the environment
- The five winning business ideas will be announced and presented at the JAIP and during Expotech 2018.
- $1000 will be awarded to each of the five winners of the competition.
- Of the five successful applicants, up to three will be selected by a jury at the Expotech to travel to Japan and further develop their business ideas into prototypes.
Deadline for Submission
- The deadline for submitting the business idea proposal will be on 6/8/2018.
- Kindly complete the application by visiting this Link
- For further details, or questions about the competition, please feel free to contact: Mrs. Megan Tannous Tel: +970-2-2958447/5 E-mail: infopita.ps .