Arab American University (AAUP) is pleased to announce the Award of Eng. Zuhair Hijjawi (Member of the Board of Directors and Member of the Board of Trustees) for Undergraduate Scientific Research in Palestine for 2019/2020.
A. Terms and Conditions
- All applicants must be current students in good standing and enrolled in a Bachelor program at a Palestinian university during the research project, or had graduated the year before.
- The research must be original, authentic, applicable and beneficial to the Palestinian society.
- The research should include the results obtained by the students only, not by their supervisors, nor via their external collaborations.
- The research must be written in proper English, sized 20 pages or less (Times New Roman, 12-point font size, double-spacing).
- The number of participants in each research project should not exceed four students.
- Research must include abstract, introduction, materials and methods, results, discussion, conclusion, and references.
- Research must be in one of the following categories:
- Information Technology (IT).
- Environmental Sciences, water and renewable energy.
- Basic Sciences: Chemistry, Physics, and Applied Mathematics.
- Medical and Biological technologies and Agricultural Sciences.
- A student can submit a research project to one category and one of the award in the same year.
- The submitted research project should not have been submitted for the award in previous years.
- If research is published or submitted for publication, the student’s names must be the first names in the publication.
- The Committee of the prize has the right to suspend or withdraw the award if it the participant violates any of the prize conditions.
B. The selection process:
- The supervisor fills the Participation Form in the prize with the names and contact information for the participating students, the supervisor, the research title, and select only for one award category.
- Student researchers submit an abstract (250-300 words) of the research with the filled registration form via e-mail to the Secretary of the Dean of Scientific Research at the Arab American University, at: ZHAaaup.edu no later than Friday 17/04/2020.
- Electronic copies (in both word and PDF formats) of the full research project to the same address, no later than Friday 15/05/2020.
- The evaluation process involves an independent committee selected from various Palestinian universities and other experts in the fields of research. The committee retains the right to call candidates and discuss their proposals.
- The winning research in each category is awarded 2,000 US dollars and award certificates.
- Authors of research papers selected for the award will be informed one week before the AAUP graduate ceremony, where the names of the winners will be announced.
For further inquiry, please contact Dean of the Scientific Research at AAUP, Dr. Mahmoud Almanassra at ZHAaaup.edu or call Ms. Areej Kasbari at 04-241-8888, ext. 1196.