The Arab American University announces start accepting the applications for the first program of its kind in Palestine
PhD in Business
Joint program with the Indiana University of Pennsylvania, USA
Starting on Wednesday 30/06/2021 until Thurday 30/06/2022, those who want to enroll in the program can check its admission requirements, academic and financial information, Note that the number that will be accepted is limited, and priority is given to the first applicants who meet all conditions.
- A Bachelor and Master degrees from universities or recognized academic institutions by the Palestinian Ministry of Higher Education. One of the two degrees must be in a business-related field with a minimum GPA of 3.0 in the Master’s degree or 2.60 in the Bachelor’s degree or their equivalent
- Official valid GMAT score with (500) points or higher
- Succeeding in the personal interview
The Teaching Location:
The university campus in Ramallah.
The majority of the program’s professors are faculty members from Indiana University of Pennsylvania, USA (IUP).
- Applications are accepted at the beginning of the first semester every two years where they’re asked to read the application attached instructions.
- Students with a bachelor or Master certificate other than a Palestinian, will have their averages computed according to the University Council regulations.
- Students can fill the online application through the link (www.aaup.edu/apply)
The Required Documents:
- Fill out AAUP online Application
- Copy of the High School certificate (in Arabic or English) certified or equivalent by the Palestinian Ministry of Education
- Original copies or certified photocopies (English) of the academic certificates and transcripts issued by all universities and academic institutions the applicant has enrolled or graduated from and be certified by the Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research.
- Three original recommendation letters (English) from professors or business officers addressed to the Arab American University and the Indiana University of Pennsylvania, USA. The recommendations must:
- Holds the organization logo to which the referee is associated with
- Signed by the reference
- Mentions the applicant's full name ( First, Middle and Family)t as it appears in the applicant’s academic certificate
- Mentions the name of the program (PhD in Business)
- Original experience certificate (English) if found
- Original copies or certified copy of the GMAT* scores (see remarks) below
- Statement of Purpose (English) addressed to the Arab American University and the Indiana University of Pennsylvania, USA, written and signed by the applicant. It is required that it:
- Is between one to three pages
- Covers the objectives, academic and practical experience, and the skills of the applicant
- It should include the applicant’s goals for joining the program, the reason for choosing this particular program, and what he is expected to achieve in his life based on the expected learning outcomes in addition to his personal and professional experiences. It also shows his knowledge of the two universities and the extent to which the specializations of the faculty members are compatible with the aspirations and interests of the applicant.
- Clarifies any inconsistencies between
- Writing samples from previous professional and research ones that measure the applicant written and research to join the program (English)
- Up-to-date resume (English)
- Original birth certificate or a duly certified copy
- Copy of the ID (local applicants) or a copy of the passport (international applicants)
- Recent personal photo (2 pictures)
- Succeed in 36 credit hours according to the specialization plan with a cumulative average of a minimum 3.00 GPA. The student should also pass the comprehensive examination and defend the doctoral dissertation
- Students must complete their studies within 5 years (including the summer semester)
- Completing all the conditions and requirements specified in the study plan.
Academic System and Student Load:
The course load for the students in Ph.D. in Business program during an academic year is 18 credit hours. Such a load allows students the opportunity to complete the requirements of the Ph.D.’s degree in four studying years.
Admission card fee is $200 USD. The program financial information can be found at the Finance Department of the Deanship of Admission and Registration.
Start of Semester and classes begin ( Expected in December 2022 ).
- Bethlehem University is the only accredited center for the GMAT in the West Bank.
- The score of the test must be 500 or higher.
- Applicants can apply for the program starting June 30, 2022 and have until November. 1 to supply the GMAT scores
For further information, Contact the Faculty of Graduate Studies at 04-2418888 ext. (1471 or 1472) or at 02-2941999 ext. (5) or by e-mail at (PGSaaup.edu) or (FGSaaup.edu) or to contact the Deanship of Admission and Registration by telephone 04-2418888 ext. (3) or Fax 04-2510814 or by e-mail (DARaaup.edu).