Call for Admission Applications for Fall semester of academic year 2021/2022
The Deanship of Admission and Registration has opened receiving applications for admission at the Arab American University for Fall Semester of Academic Year 2021/2022. The following table shows the offered programs and admission criteria:
|Faculty||Major||High School Branch||Minimum High School Average|
|Modern Sciences - Ramallah Campus||Interior Architecture - Ramallah Campus||All Branches||70%|
|Industrial Product Design - Ramallah Campus||All Branches||65%|
|Optometry - Ramallah Campus||Scientific only||70%|
|Digital Marketing - Ramallah Campus||All Branches||65%|
|Financial Engineering - Ramallah Campus||Scientific or Industrial or Information Technology||65%|
|Human Resource Management - Ramallah Campus||All Branches||65%|
|Finance and Data Science - Ramallah Campus||All Branches||65%|
|Statistics and Data Science - Ramallah Campus||Scientific or Industrial or Information Technology or Agricultural||65%|
|Digital Health - Ramallah Campus||Scientific only||70%|
|Modern Media - Ramallah Campus||Digital Media - Ramallah Campus||All Branches||65%|
|Communication and Social Media - Ramallah Campus|
|Public Relations - Ramallah Campus|
|Dentistry||Doctor of Dental Surgery||Scientific only||85%|
|Bachelor of Dental Technician||Scientific only||70%|
|Engineering||Mechatronics Engineering||Scientific or Industrial or Information Technology||80%|
|Medical Equipment Engineering|
|Computer Systems Engineering|
|Electrical Engineering and Renewable Energy|
|Information Technology||Computer Science||Scientific or Industrial or Information Technology or Agricultural||65%|
|Computer Science / Minor Information Technology|
|Computer Networks / Minor Information Security|
|Multimedia Technology||All Branches||65%|
|Geographic Information Systems (GIS)|
|Sciences||Criminal Biology||Scientific or Industrial or Agricultural or Information Technology||65%|
|Statistics and Data Science|
|Mathematics and Statistics|
|Mathematics and Statistics / Minor in Computer Science|
|Mathematics and Statistics / Minor in Education|
|Biology and Biotechnology|
|Biology and Biotechnology / Minor in Education|
|Physics / Minor in Computer Science|
|Physics / Minor in Education|
|Arts||Arabic Language and Media||All Branches||65%|
|Education - Basic Elementary Education|
|Diploma in Education for Upper Basic Level Track:||All Branches||Must have a bachelor degree from a recognized university or currently is a student at AAUP and finished 70 Cr.Hrs with no less than 1.67 GPA|
|Sport Sciences||Sport Sciences||All Branches - under the following conditions:
1- Pass the fitness exam ( date will be assigned later ).
2- Candidate must be healthy ( with a certified effort test from a licensed health center ).
|Allied Medical Sciences||Medical Laboratory Sciences||Scientific only||70%|
|Physio - Therapy|
|Environmental Management and Recycling|
|Prosthetics and Orthotics||Scientific or Literary or Industrial or Information Technology or Agricultural||65% for Scientific or Industrial or Information Technology or Agricultural Branches
80% for Literary Branch
|Speech, Language, and Hearing Disorders||Scientific or Industrial or Information Technology or Agricultural||65%|
|Environmental Sciences and Technology||All Branches||65%|
|Nursing||Nursing||Scientific or Literary||70% for Scientific
80% for Literary
|Administrative & Financial Sciences||Economics and Islamic Banking||All Branches||65%|
|Finance and Data Science|
|Human Resource Management|
|Operation Management / Management Information Systems (MIS)|
|Law||Law||Scientific or Literary or Shar'i or (Entrepreneurship and Business for graduates of 2020 and 2021)||75%|
|Fiqh & Law|
|Diploma||Diploma in Dental Technology||Scientific or Literary||50% for Scientific Branch
60% for Literary Branch
|To Inquire About Tuition Fees, Click Here|
For further information. Contact the Deanship of Admission and Registration by telephone (042418888) Ext ( 3 ) or by email ( Daraaup.edu ).
- Applications for admission are accepted each semester. Students are asked to carefully read the instructions that accompany the application for admission.
- The Arab American University accepts students in accordance with the rules and regulations of the Palestinian Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research.
- The applicant must have earned a high school certificate or its equivalent, and the high school certificate earned that qualifies him / her to join the chosen specialization.
- Undergraduate applicants can choose one of many of the programs we have in the university depending on their high school track (whether it is a scientific track, literary, industrial, or commercial). The ability of choosing a program is also limited to the minimum score requirements in the high school certificate exam (Tawjihi).
- Students will be accepted in the different faculties on a competitive basis according to their average in the high school certificate exam (Tawjihi).
- Students with a high school certificate other than a Palestinian, will have their averages computed according to the University Council or Council of Higher Education regulations.
- Prospective students can apply online using (www.aaup.edu/apply).
REQUIRED DOCUMENTS FROM STUDENTS
- Fill out AAUP online Application.
- A certified Palestinian high school certificate, in addition to the original copy of the non-Palestinian high school diploma or its equivalent of foreign certificates from the Palestinian Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research, in addition a sealed and duly signed certificate and all related documents. And for Bagrut Students, Original Bagrut diploma (Taodat Bagrut / תעודת בגרות) and translated to English or Arabic as duly authorized by the notary public.
- National Identity Card (local applicants) or passport (international applicants)
- Original birth certificate or a copy duly certified.
- Two Personal photos.
- Stress Examination (only applicants for Sport Sciences program).
* Note: original and legalized copies of the above documents must be submitted in order to secure full admission.
Academic System and Student Load:
The study at the Arab American University is based on the credit hours system. The academic year consists of two compulsory semesters of sixteen weeks each, and an optional eight-week summer semester. The university weekend days are on Thursday and Friday of each week. Other holidays are announced in the university academic calendar at the beginning of each academic year. The normal course load for a full-time student during any semester (spring or fall) is considered to range from 12-18 credit hours. Such a load allows students the opportunity to complete the requirements of the bachelor’s degree in eight semesters, except for Communication Engineering and Computer Systems Engineering (ten semesters) and Dentistry (ten semesters and four summer sessions).