Call for Admission Applications for Fall semester of academic year 2020/2021
The Deanship of Admission and Registration has opened receiving applications for admission at the Arab American University for Fall Semester of Academic Year 2020/2021. The following table shows the offered programs and admission criteria:
|Faculty||Major||High School Branch||Minimum High School Average|
|Modern Sciences - Ramallah Campus||Doctor of Optometry - Ramallah Campus||Scientific only||80%|
|Interior Architecture - Ramallah Campus||All Branches||70%|
|Digital Marketing - Ramallah Campus||All Branches||65%|
|Digital Media - Ramallah Campus|
|Public Relations - Ramallah Campus|
|Dentistry||Doctor of Dental Surgery||Scientific only||85%|
|Engineering & Information Technology||Electrical Engineering and Renewable Energy||Scientific or Industrial or Information Technology||80%|
|Computer Systems Engineering|
|Computer Science||Scientific or Industrial or Information Technology or Agricultural||65%|
|Computer Science / Minor Information Technology|
|Computer Networks / Minor Information Security|
|Geographic Information Systems (GIS)||All Branches||65%|
|Sciences||Mathematics and Statistics||Scientific or Industrial or Agricultural or Information Technology||65%|
|Mathematics and Statistics / Minor in Computer Science|
|Mathematics and Statistics / Minor in Education|
|Biology and Biotechnology|
|Biology and Biotechnology / Minor in Education|
|Physics / Minor in Computer Science|
|Physics / Minor in Education|
|Chemistry / Minor in Education|
|Arts||Arabic Language and Media||All Branches||65%|
|Education - Basic Elementary Education|
|Diploma in Education for Upper Basic Level Track:||All Branches||Must have a bachelor degree from a recognized university or currently is a student at AAUP and finished 70 Cr.Hrs with no less than 1.67 GPA|
|Sport Sciences||Sport Sciences||All Branches - under the following conditions:
1- Pass the fitness exam ( date will be assigned later ).
2- Candidate must be healthy ( with a certified effort test from a licensed health center ).
|Allied Medical Sciences||Pharmacy||Scientific only||80%|
|Medical Laboratory Sciences||Scientific only||70%|
|Physio - Therapy|
|Prosthetics and Orthotics||Scientific or Literary or Industrial or Information Technology or Agricultural||65% for Scientific or Industrial or Information Technology or Agricultural Branches
85% for Literary Branch
|Speech and Hearing Disorder and Therapy||Scientific or Literary or Shar'i or Industrial or Information Technology or Entrepreneurship and Business||65% for Scientific or Industrial or Information Technology Branches
70% for Literary or Shar'i or Entrepreneurship and Business Branches
|Environmental Sciences and Technology||All Branches||65%|
|Nursing||Nursing||Scientific or Literary||70% for Scientific
80% for Literary
|Administrative & Financial Sciences||Economics and Islamic Banking||All Branches||65%|
|Finance and Data Analytics|
|Human Resource Management|
|Finance and Banking Sciences|
|Operation Management / Management Information Systems (MIS)|
|Operation Management / Hospitals and Health Care Management|
|Law||Law||Scientific or Literary or Shar'i||75%|
|Fiqh & Law|
|Diploma||Diploma in Dental Technology||Scientific or Industrial or Information Technology||Successfully passing General Secondary Exam|
|Medicine - University of Jordan||Doctor of Medicine||Scientific only||85%|
For further information. Contact the Deanship of Admission and Registration by telephone (042418888) Ext ( 3 ) or by email ( Daraaup.edu ).
- Applications for admission are accepted each semester. Students are asked to carefully read the instructions that accompany the application for admission.
- The Arab American University accepts students in accordance with the rules and regulations of the Palestinian Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research.
- The applicant must have earned a high school certificate or its equivalent, and the high school certificate earned that qualifies him / her to join the chosen specialization.
- Undergraduate applicants can choose one of many of the programs we have in the university depending on their high school track (whether it is a scientific track, literary, industrial, or commercial). The ability of choosing a program is also limited to the minimum score requirements in the high school certificate exam (Tawjihi).
- Students will be accepted in the different faculties on a competitive basis according to their average in the high school certificate exam (Tawjihi).
- Students with a high school certificate other than a Palestinian, will have their averages computed according to the University Council or Council of Higher Education regulations.
- Prospective students can apply online using (www.aaup.edu/apply).
REQUIRED DOCUMENTS FROM STUDENTS
- Fill out AAUP online Application.
- A certified Palestinian high school certificate, in addition to the original copy of the non-Palestinian high school diploma or its equivalent of foreign certificates from the Palestinian Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research, in addition a sealed and duly signed certificate and all related documents. And for Bagrut Students, Original Bagrut diploma (Taodat Bagrut / תעודת בגרות) and translated to English or Arabic as duly authorized by the notary public.
- National Identity Card (local applicants) or passport (international applicants and applicants for Doctor of Medicine program – University of Jordan)
- Original birth certificate or a copy duly certified.
- Two Personal photos, and 4 recent photos for applicants for Doctor of Medicine program – University of Jordan.
- Stress Examination (only applicants for Sport Sciences program).
* Note: original and legalized copies of the above documents must be submitted in order to secure full admission.
Academic System and Student Load:
The study at the Arab American University is based on the credit hours system. The academic year consists of two compulsory semesters of sixteen weeks each, and an optional eight-week summer semester. The university weekend days are on Thursday and Friday of each week. Other holidays are announced in the university academic calendar at the beginning of each academic year. The normal course load for a full-time student during any semester (spring or fall) is considered to range from 12-18 credit hours. Such a load allows students the opportunity to complete the requirements of the bachelor’s degree in eight semesters, except for Communication Engineering and Computer Systems Engineering (ten semesters) and Dentistry (ten semesters and four summer sessions).