The Office of the Vice President for Planning, Development and Quality was established in 2003. Since then, the office has evolved and expanded its scope to encompass various fields. The office aims at realizing the university's vision to enhance its reputation as a pioneering institution at the national, regional and international levels, serving as a source of scientific and national competencies, and as a cornerstone for sustainable development and innovation-driven economy in Palestine.
Active and sustainable contribution to the development of the university through effective planning at all academic, administrative, scientific research levels, and social responsibility.
Engage with all stakeholders, both within and outside the university, to enhance the university's position and achieve its vision and mission. This involves managing strategic planning activities and initiatives efficiently and effectively. Additionally, the office's mission includes enhancing quality management at both the academic and administrative levels, maximizing benefits from international grants and projects, and supporting the university's leadership with necessary statistical reports and recommendations to maintain the university's sustainability and growth.
First: Supervising the University's Strategic Plan:
- Developing the university's strategic plan to meet the needs of the university, the community, and all stakeholders.
- Overseeing the implementation of the strategic plan to ensure the university's strategic objectives are achieved within the available resources.
- Identifying strengths, areas for improvement, opportunities, and significant challenges faced by the university, and measuring them regularly.
- Maintaining and up-to-date university's organizational structure to ensure effectiveness and efficiency in performance and presenting related recommendations to the university's board of directors.
Second: Developing and Enhancing Administrative and Academic Quality at the University through the Quality Development Department:
- Promoting a culture of quality within the university.
- Enhancing the academic reputation and excellence of the university locally, regionally, and internationally.
- Supporting and developing a comprehensive academic quality framework.
- Facilitating the university's attainment of ISO 9001:2015 certification in the field of administrative quality.
- Assisting faculties in obtaining international academic accreditations to ensure the quality of the academic process and enhance graduates' employment opportunities.
- Organizing workshops in various fields related to teaching and learning for current and new faculty members.
- Developing and maintaining the university's policies.
Third: Managing International Projects and Supervising Various Grants and Scholarships through the Projects and Grants Department:
- Participating in and benefiting from proposed projects at both the national and international levels.
- Building relationships with universities worldwide and exploring collaboration opportunities in the fields of scholarships and grants for students.
- Strengthening partnerships with European universities through various European projects.
- Providing technical support to the university staff in the preparation and implementation of various international and developmental projects.
Fourth: Institutional Research and Decision Support:
- Providing all necessary data for participation in various Arab and international rankings.
- Collecting information and conducting analysis of different surveys, including employees, students, and graduates’ satisfaction surveys.
- Compiling statistical reports to be submitted to the university's leadership for making necessary decisions to ensure the university's excellence.
- Conducting studies within and outside the university in several crucial areas significant to the university.
Phone #: 04-2418888 | Ext.: 1032