Culture, Technology and Society
- Provide students with knowledge of the relationship between science, Culture, Technology and Society.
- Promote in students an understanding of how science and technology are shaped by social and cultural forces.
- Instill within the students a strong foundation in science and technology.
- Develop the students’ knowledge of emerging technological and scientific developments.
- Enable the students to apply knowledge and skills to assume a leadership role in the advancement of science and technology.
- Strengthen the students’ understanding of the human dimensions of science and technology.
STUDENT LEARNING OUTCOME
- Demonstrate an understanding of how science and technology shape society.
- Examine and evaluate emerging developments in all fields of science and technology.
- Exhibit proficiency in the fundamentals of different sciences and technology.
- Demonstrate the ability to analyze contemporary ethical, political and social issues in technology.
- Employ business and technical skills to develop and manage new technological innovations.
- Apply critical thinking and problem-solving skills to develop solutions to challenges in technology.
- Understand the role of science and technology in the daily lives of humans and evaluate the cultural and societal ramifications of these technological advances.